So many meanings to this word… I’m keeping it to my online family this time around and more specifically to the Word Press family. Why? Because I am tickled pink (what does that even mean?!) that Mina over at May Cause Irritation included me in her Word Press Family Awards. Her blog is a joy to read even as she writes about her experiences of dysthymia (aka a really long time with depression).
She summarized it quite nicely so I’m just going to copy and paste the rules here:
Rules of WordPress Family Award
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your wordpress experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That is it.
I’m going to include a list of nominees with no pressure at all for anyone to continue on the awards (though please do if you are interested!). There is no commitment required, this is just a perfect opportunity to acknowledge a few of the blogs (and there are many more too) who regularly inspire and influence me.
And without further ado…
- May Cause Irritation… not sure if I am “allowed” to link back to you, but you have become a regular read for me so here you are 🙂
- Chimerikal – you are like a kindred soul to me and I love to hear anything you write or comment
- Many the Miles – even though you aren’t a “hug”y person, according to you, so many times I want to give you a big ole virtual hug as you bravely confront life head on
- Hope the Happy Hugger – I admire your energy in posting such lovely pieces of your life and sharing them with the world each day
- My Purple Dreams – You are inspirational and I love the variety and the honesty in your blog
- Extraordinarily Ordinary Joy – I start to smile whenever I see you have posted – you give me hope
- Champagne ‘n Pizza – I love that you mix it up with tons of interesting material, and occasional sappiness – I also love how you frequently change the whole blog design
- The Hurt Healer – I love your blog name… it seems the best healers have also been hurt and your words reflect a deep wisdom
- So about what I said – You too have a great mix of content – I particularly love the Wednesday photos – you choose such a lovely set of photos each time
- Why Girls are Weird – Your enthusiasm for life is beautiful to behold and I look forward to reading each day.
That was hard – there are many others I would like to include but I will stop there lest this post get out of hand 🙂
Thanks again to Mina! Much love to all my blogging and online family…